How to download YouTube videos on your laptop
Download YouTube videos on your laptop in a few simple steps
Though many of YouTube’s videos are nothing more than cute viral clips you could live without, there are plenty you’d want to watch offline, especially if you’re somewhere with a weak or non-existent Internet connection.
Whether you want to save a music video so you can listen to the song any time you want or grab an entire movie that someone posted, it’s easy to download YouTube videos and save them for offline viewing. Here’s how to download YouTube videos on your Windows laptop.
How to download YouTube videos on your PC
- Download and install YTD Video Downloader(opens in new tab).
- Navigate to the YouTube video you want to save, using your browser.
3. Launch YTD Video Downloader (if it’s not already running).
4. Copy and paste the YouTube address from your browser into YTD’s URL field.
By default, the video file will be saved as an MP4 and live in your C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents folder. However, you can change the location of the download by clicking on the folder next to “Save to.”
5. Click the Download button in YTD.
The program will show the status of your download. Depending on the length of the video, it could take anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes.
Read the article here.